Sunday, February 24, 2008

Call me - GrandCentral

Mobloggin might have gotten a little more mobile.

When I started this blog it was based on the premise that my phone could talk to my blog (I know most of you thought my motivation was much deeper), now my blog can talk to my phone...

... If you look to the right of the screen, there should be a "Mr. Call Me" button. That is a new service I'm trying out called "GrandCentral". Basically it allows anyone who wants to leave a comment by voice mail ... to leave a comment by voice mail. When you click on the button, it asks for a number where you can be reached, the software then calls you.

From that point on, I can configure the software to connect you with me at any phone number I designate, or it can put you into a voice-mail system. Once you finish recording your voice-mail, GrandCentral sends me an alert on my phone and also sends the voice mail to my email account. I can listen to the voice mail from my phone or from my computer.

The software is in beta right now after being bought up by Google.

Give it a shot...

No comments: