Sunday, February 24, 2008


I've been goofing around with GIMP the open source image editor, it has many of the same capabilities as Photoshop, but it is open source and distributed to both windows and Linux users. As you can see comparing this image with the one I posted last week from William and Mary, you can do a number of interesting things to pictures with this software. To get the more dramatic colors in this picture I increased contrast, and then used a tool called color curves to make the reds and greens pop. The tools are not as easy to use as Photoshop, but for the price you can't beat it!

2 comments:

K T Cat said...

Dude! Great photo and thanks for the tip about the open source image editor.

Apian Apostle said...

you have to check out he phone software in my GrandCentral post. It looks like it is pretty cool, but I can't get anyone to use it...