Sunday, February 03, 2008

I'm Free!

I need to post before I loose my place as Apian Apostle


A good friend of Mobloggin works the keys for KT Cat at the Scratching post but I have been slack'in in my posting behavior here on this blog. I send my apologies to the maximum leader and offer this post ...

I'm Microsoft free!

I took the leap a couple of weeks ago, took an old PC and reformatted the hard drive. The new platform is UBUNTU - 7.10 - the Gutsy Gibbon -Linux,



It's amazing... this old clunker I got from my daughter when she upgraded is nearly as fast as her new Vista platform. Gutsy Gibbon installed much more quickly than any MS platform, there is tons of free or cheep software available. It recognized all of my hardware, with minimal anguish (a problem I have had with other Linux installs).



Bottom line, if your thinking about buying a new PC, look into upgrading the operating system on your old system, it's way more fun.

2 comments:

K T Cat said...

I can't wait to hear the full story when we get together next. After struggling with an expensive repair / upgrade of my old machine, I thought that next time I would move to Linux and see how it worked.

Apian Apostle said...

It looks like you were in town and didn't call, boy your in trouble...